- Conference sign up sheets went home on Friday for the week of 10/13- 10/17. Please return these by Wednesday.
- Ocean Knoll is enrolled in the Spark 25 Day Physical Activity Challenge with the goal of winning $25,000 in PE resources and curriculum for our school. Plegde forms went home on Friday. We need each student to pledge to be physically active for 60 minutes per day, 5 days per week between September 29th and October 31st. Yoga class, PE class, recess, Morning Wellness, Fitness Fridays are all activity minutes that the students can count. Also, the week of October 6th is when we complete the Bike, Walk and Roll to School Challenge…another great way to get in physical activity minutes and help our school!
- We had our first UCSD science lab on Wednesday. We are excited to be working with Biocircuits Institute again. This Wednesday we will be doing a lab on Owl Pellets, which supports our Living Organisms and their Environment unit.
- In math, we are wrapping up our multiplication and division concepts unit.
- We will be starting our next IB Unit Sharing the Planet which highlights conservation.
- The mother of Eve Goldman is starting a new Girls Scout Troop for all 4th through 6th grade girls who would like to be in GS but there wasn’t space in the other troop. They will hold their first meeting this Friday after school in the media center. If you have girls/parents who are interested, please direct them to Julie Goldman at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Check out 4th grade Important Dates here.